I have setup a virtual machine on Hiper-V to analyze the SQL Server Denali CTP3 bits. One of the “new” features I was interested on was the upgrade on the SSAS side. As probably most of you have been reading, there is a double path on the Analysis Services area, to go on the tabular or the OLAP model. To solve that it has been defined the BISM (Business Intelligence Semantic Model), you can find additional information ‘La biblioteca de PowerPivot’ from my SolidQ Colleagues. What I have found has really surprised me because you have to decide on the installation path (as you can see in the figure below) if you want to setup a tabular or a multidimensional instance. That means that the SSAS engine is totally different and you have to setup separate instances names even if you want to have both models in your company. (more…)
WHAT CAN SOLIDQ DO FOR YOU?
Whether you need to enhance an existing platform or design an entirely new solution, SolidQ offers a suite of services to help you architect, integrate and optimize your Microsoft information platform.
- How to Better Evaluate the Goodness-of-Fit of Regressions
- Virtual SANs and the trend towards SDS
- How to bulk copy Azure ML Experiments from a Workspace to another one or do a Backup of them in Physical Files
- Creating an installer for your SSIS-assemblies
- Creating and using memory optimized tables in an application