Enterprise Information Management with SQL Server 2012, level 400
Companies want to gather information from the data; therefore, they start BI projects. They design a data warehouse and then start developing extract – transform – load (ETL) applications. However, most of BI projects have to deal with problems with data quality (DQ). Data quality can be a huge obstacle for a successful BI project. Of course, line of business applications suffer from poor data quality as well.
Every company has part of the data which is used everywhere, in every transaction, like customers data, products data and similar. Such data is called master data. People who manage master data are often called data stewards. Processes and activities for maintaining master data are known as master data management (MDM). In this workshop, we are going to discuss ETL, DQ and MDM problems and introduce how Microsoft SQL Server tools can help you with solutions.
This workshop gives attendees the theoretical and practical perspective about the problems and solutions mentioned. From the product perspective, this workshop covers SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Quality Services (DQS) and Master Data Services (MDS), and also shows how you can use other tools from SQL Server suite for data profiling and matching.
- Master Data and Master Data Management
- Introduction to ETL with SQL Server Integration Services
- Improving Data Quality with Data Quality Services
- Managing Master Data with Master Data Services
- Data Profiling in Depth
- Identity Mapping and De-Duplicating
- Python for SQL Server Specialists Part 4: Python and SQL Server - April 24, 2018
- Python for SQL Server Specialists Part 3: Graphs and Machine Learning - April 11, 2018
- Python for SQL Server Specialists Part 2: Working with Data - March 22, 2018