Trying to implement Web Services in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, we can obtain the following error if we have installed the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2:
Could not load type
‘System.Data.Services.Providers.IDataServiceUpdateProvider’ from assembly PublicKeyToken=XXXXXXXXXX’.
This error has nothing to do with Dynamics AX, it’s a .NET Framework’ bug that can be resolved with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update:
- For Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=79d7f6f8-d6e9-4b8c-8640-17f89452148e&displaylang=en
- For Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 o Vista:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4B710B89-8576-46CF-A4BF-331A9306D555&displaylang=en
After installing the update, the server must be restarted.
After that, we obtained another error:
Server Error in ‘/MicrosoftDynamicsAXAif50’ Application.
Security settings for this service require Windows Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service.
This time, the solution is in IIS:
- Check the Dynamics AX Site permissions in IIS:
Windows Authentication has to be Enabled, and important all the other types has to be Disabled:
- If we have the permissions OK, and the Web Services doesn’t work yet, we have to open the “web.config” file of our Site:
And change on it the “clientCredentialType”, replacing “Windows” per “Ntlm”
<transport clientCredentialType=”Windows” />
<transport clientCredentialType=”Ntlm” />
With this change made, the Web Services should work:
Thanks to my colleagues, Guillermo Bas and Sergio Carrillo for your great help with this issue!
Latest posts by Lidia Ruiz (see all)
- Changing the database in AX 2012: Configure an AOS to access a different database - August 13, 2012
- Solving ODBC Connection error in AX 2012 Microsoft ODBC SQL Server Driver SQL Server Changed language setting to us_english - July 26, 2012
- Executing .NET code in Dynamics AX 2009: Solving error “the selected file is not a valid .NET assembly” - February 29, 2012