Hi All, Microsoft Spain has published a new article that I wrote a few days ago. The article talks about how to manage your server’s resources with SQL server 2008 using Resource governor. Eladio Rincon helped me out as a technical reviewer, thanks Eladio !!
In this article you will find information about:
- What is Resource governor?
- Resource pools
- Workload groups
- Classifier functions
- Resource governor performance counters
In the demonstration I will build an scenario where the main goal will be to classify two user groups.
- Users running critical queries
- Users running “normal” queries. When I say normal we mean not expensive queries in terms of resources.
In order to run the demonstration we will build this Resource Governor structure:
If you want to read the entire article click here: Gestionando los recursos de los servidores en SQL Server 2008 (in spanish)
I hope you’ll find it useful :)!!
- Powershell for the DBA: Cleaning SQL Server backup files - January 24, 2012
- SQL Server 2008: Managing Resources with Resource Governor - July 20, 2011
- Checking existing files with Powershell and SQL Server Agent - May 17, 2011